Reinas de Belleza ❀ ELITE BEAUTIES

Bienvenidos a ELITE BEAUTIES ❀ Foros con información acerca de Reinas de Belleza, Certámenes Masculinos, Competencias de Modelaje, ''Realities'' y más...

ÍndicePortalContactarnosÚltimas imágenesBuscarRegistrarseConectarse
Regístrese para formar parte de nuestra Comunidad. ¡Una vez registrado, podrá Ingresar para participar, publicar temas, subir fotos, intercambiar mensajes privados y más!
Usuarios más Activos del Mes de Agosto 2024 - Conozcan a los Foristas que integran el Top 7 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t29130-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-mes-de-agosto-2024
Forista Popular del mes de Julio 2024 - Conozcan al Ganador/a ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t29046-resultado-final-votacion-del-forista-popular-del-mes-de-julio
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Misses - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28249-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misses
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Místers - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28248-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misters
Usuarios más Activos del Año 2023 - Conozcan al Top 18 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28251-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-ano-2023

Comparte
Ir a la página : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Siguiente

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
AutorMensaje

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

Like : 9876
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Empty
MensajeTema: candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jun 08, 2024 7:23 pm
Responder al tema

Aly Lozoff
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Aly-lozoff-2024-2
Height: 5’8
Hometown: Montréal, QC
Languages: English, French

Aly Lozoff is a 3-time Emmy Award-winning NHL Rinkside Reporter for the Anaheim Ducks and TNT national network, having previously covered the Vegas Golden Knights and reported for Sportsnet in Canada. She has hosted various weekly sports shows throughout her career and has strived to build a sterling reputation as a respected member of the media.

A fluently bilingual Lawyer with 3 law degrees, including a Masters Degree, Aly works as Legal Counsel in the off-season. She has a Sports Management Certificate from Columbia University, a Certificate from the China University of Political Science and Law and is a member of both the Quebec Bar Association and the Law Society of Ontario.

Aly also worked as the Director of Financial Resource Development and as a Major Gifts and Corporate Partnerships Officer for various foundations and organizations in Montreal. Always eager to tackle new challenges, she once took part in the Canadian Space Agency’s search for our next Canadian Astronaut.

Aly balances her dual career with being a mom to her precious toddler (she’s an avid castle builder!) and volunteering as a mentor in her community; giving broadcast and public speaking workshops to aspiring students, supporting Women in Sports events and lending her skills as a Host to countless community fundraisers. She’s an adventure-seeker with a passion for travel and has visited 32 countries and counting. Most of all, Aly is a proud mom, wife, daughter, sister and friend and is competing for the title of Miss Universe Canada to make history in this groundbreaking year; showing her daughter that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE if you aim high!

What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?

Hockey is my biggest interest! I became very interested in neuroplasticity and left-side neglect following my mother’s stroke and throughout her recovery. I love to travel and have visited 32 countries and counting. On our wedding day, my husband and I promised each other that every year for our anniversary, we’d travel somewhere we have never been before to continue to discover the world together. Right now what I enjoy doing the most is building castles, reading books, dancing, laughing and being silly with my precious daughter. She is brave, funny and her imagination amazes me!

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc.)

My formal training as a lawyer includes memberships with both the Quebec Bar Association and the Law Society of Ontario. My formal theatre and performance training includes voice work, on-stage performance training, on-camera training, and of course reporting, live television and public speaking. I was also a member of a professional dance troupe in my teens & twenties! I was trained in piano and self-taught guitar. I have no formal training in the art of chalk, but my daughter and I have created several masterpieces!

In what sports, if any, have you participated?

I love sports and exercise! I grew up snowboarding in the winter and playing soccer in the summer. I played competitively for my city and various schools for many years. I still play in a women’s league where, although I might be the oldest on the team, I can still keep up and even score a few goals! I just recently discovered that I love pickleball and I also love indoor cycling.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?

I have a stroke-survivor hero. I feel compelled to share her story to inspire others. At just 56 years old, she suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm that resulted in a massive stroke. Her recovery was long and filled with great adversity that she battled hard to overcome. By her side, I learned patience, empathy and to be grateful and appreciative in life. Her resilience and positive attitude, despite her circumstances, is an inspiration to all who meet her. I am the person I am today because she’s taught me not to take anything for granted and that everything happens for a reason.

What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)?

My proudest accomplishment is my daughter! She is bright, fearless and funny and I never knew I could have as much love in my heart as I do every day that I hear her voice and see her smile and laugh. My husband and I are lucky to be her parents. She is the reason I want to be Miss Universe Canada; I want her to know that you don’t have to be perfect, you just have to be YOURSELF: that by being a good person, with integrity, you can inspire others and make an impact and that there is so much more to beauty than just appearance = confidence radiates from within. Work-related, I am proud to have been recognized by my peers for my work as a Sportscaster, receiving 3 Emmy Awards and being invited to sit on my chapter’s Emmy Awards Committee.

What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?

Most interesting: I think most people who watch our live television broadcasts during the NHL season and who love getting to see the human side of hockey with the way I try to conduct all my interviews – have no idea that when the season is over, I go back to being a lawyer!

Unique thing that has happened to me: That’s a toss up between going toe-to-toe with Sugar Ray Leonard (dancing!) and I once was on stage with Katy Perry!

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

I can’t wait for the Anaheim Ducks to win the Stanley Cup and for me to proudly be there Rinkside with the best seat in the house! One day, I would love to have my own talk show. I continue to set goals and aim high, as my grandma Ella always encouraged me to, and my next goal is to spend the year as Miss Universe Canada 2024 inspiring women of all ages, including my daughter.

What would be your “dream job” in life?

I have my dream job! I’m grateful to be covering the best sport at the highest level: working as an NHL Rinkside Reporter and witnessing hockey history: from first NHL games to final farewells after hall of fame worthy careers; first NHL goals to career milestone moments and everything in between!

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was born and raised in the heart of Montreal, where there was no shortage of snowstorms but it took an ice storm to have a school snow day! One special tradition my family still does to this day is camping at a family camp every summer. My younger brother and I would look forward to seeing the same friends and families every year – lifelong relationships that we cherish to this day. This summer will be my daughter’s 3rd summer there and my 36th!

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

One interesting job I had was for the Canadian Space Agency recruitment program in their search for the next Canadian Astronaut. I helped evaluate each candidate’s communication skills in an interview setting both on and off-camera as well as their overall ability to represent our country on an international scale as a spokesperson. My first live television reporting job was also really cool: I was live on the finish line for Red Bull Crashed Ice!

List any volunteering you have done.

I volunteer as a mentor to aspiring students giving monthly broadcast and public speaking workshops. I also support Women in Sports initiatives by moderating panels of impactful leaders. I volunteer as a member of my chapter’s Emmy Awards Committee and I lend my hosting skills to various community events, including food drives and fundraisers.

What is your most unusual talent?

I rapped my wedding speech (to my husband’s shock and surprise!) – I rapped on live television for our season finale episode of Ducks Live and I can karaoke Left Eye’s TLC Waterfalls rap! I can also learn pretty much any song on the guitar and sing it within a few minutes (I thank my mom for this – she inspired me to learn guitar as part of her stroke recovery music therapy). Maybe not unusual but underrated: my most important talents are listening, public speaking and being able to ask the right question at the right time.

Where is the most interesting place you have been to?

It’s so hard to choose just one! I feel grateful every time I get to experience a new country’s culture, cuisine and landscapes. Iceland stands out – my husband and I were lucky to be able to see the northern lights dancing in the sky. This will sound like an oxymoron, but I have never heard complete silence the way I did when we were in Hella. Truly amazing.

What do you hope to be doing in ten years?

Raising an amazing teenage daughter and traveling the world giving motivational speeches and keynote addresses as the former 73rd Miss Universe hailing from Canada!

Última edición por julinha el Sáb Jul 06, 2024 9:27 pm, editado 1 vez

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

MensajeTema: Re: candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jun 08, 2024 7:24 pm
Responder al tema

Alysha Chetty
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Alysha-chetty-2024-1
Height: 5’6
Hometown: Surrey, BC
Languages: English, Hindi, Punjabi

Alysha Chetty is a sophisticated individual with a passion for creativity, advocacy, and making a positive impact in the world. Born and raised in Surrey, British Columbia, Alysha has cultivated a diverse range of interests and experiences that have shaped her unique journey.

From a young age, Alysha has been drawn to the world of modelling and acting, honing her skills in front of the camera and on stage. Her talent and dedication has led to opportunities in the entertainment industry, where she has graced the runway and screen with confidence and grace.

In addition to her pursuits in the arts, Alysha is deeply committed to advocacy and raising awareness about important social issues. Inspired by role models like Maple Batalia, Alysha is passionate about empowering the younger generation to embrace their confidence and self-worth, while also advocating for the prevention and awareness of violence against women and promoting gender equality.

Outside of her professional endeavours, Alysha is an avid traveler who has explored the diverse cultures and landscapes of Europe, India, and Dubai. Her experiences abroad has enriched her perspective and fuelled her desire to make a positive difference in the world.

With a blend of talent, compassion, and a drive for excellence, Alysha is dedicated to using her platform to inspire others, promote positive change, and make a lasting impact in her community and beyond.

My interests span a variety of activities which bring joy to my life, this includes painting, yoga and reading but what I truly enjoy is curating photoshoots for myself and others. Photography is a powerful medium through which I can convey my emotions, tell stories, and capture moments of beauty in the world around me.

Throughout my journey, I’ve been fortunate to receive specialized training that has shaped my skills and passions. I’ve undergone professional modeling and acting training at CGTV in Los Angeles, where I sharpened my abilities in front of the camera and on the stage, learning from industry experts and gaining invaluable experience in the entertainment world.

In addition to my performing arts training, I’ve also dedicated myself to learning the piano. Alongside my musical pursuits, I’ve immersed myself in the vibrant art of Bollywood dance, blending traditional and contemporary movements to express myself through the joyous rhythms and storytelling of Indian cinema.

I’ve participated in both volleyball and tennis. Volleyball has been my go-to sport for getting active and competitive. While in tennis, I’ve appreciated the individual skill and strategy required to compete on the court. Both have been incredibly rewarding and a great experience.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?

One person, other than my parents, who has had the most influence on my life is Maple Batalia, may she rest in peace. Maple was a Canadian actress and model whose life tragically ended in 2011. While her story is one of inspiration and determination, her influence on my life, like many others, lies in the lessons her untimely passing taught us about resilience, perseverance, and the importance of standing up against violence. Maple’s determination to pursue her dreams despite facing challenges serves as a reminder to cherish every moment and pursue our passions relentlessly. Her legacy reminds me of the fragility of life and the importance of making a positive impact while we can.

Maple was not only a talented actress and model, but she was also like a sister figure. Her presence in my life was a guiding light, and even though she is no longer with us physically, she continues to be my guardian angel, watching over me and influencing my decisions every day. Maple’s strength, determination, and kind spirit left an indelible mark on my heart, inspiring me to live fearlessly and with purpose. Her memory serves as a constant reminder to cherish the people we love and to strive for greatness in everything we do. Maple’s influence on my life is immeasurable, and I am forever grateful for the time we shared together.

Maple Batalia is someone I really look up to as a role model. Her strength, determination, and kindness have always inspired me. Even though she’s no longer with us, her legacy continues to impact so many people, including myself. She taught me to pursue my dreams with courage and compassion, and I’ll always be grateful for the inspiration she’s given me.

What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)?

My proudest personal accomplishment is my commitment to kindness and empathy. I firmly believe in the power of kindness to make an unforgettable impact on the lives of others. Small gestures of compassion, understanding, and support can brighten someone’s day and provide much-needed comfort in times of difficulty. This commitment to kindness extends to my interactions with family, friends, and strangers, creating a positive ripple effect in the community. Understanding that people often face unseen battles, I have made it a personal mission to offer a helping hand whenever I can. The realization that I can play a role, no matter how small, in improving someone’s life is a source of personal fulfillment.

What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?

One of the most unique experiences in my life was being discovered by Disney star Adrian R’Mante, famously known as Esteban from Suite Life of Zack and Cody. This incredible opportunity led me to travel to Los Angeles, California, at the age of 14 to embark on my journey in modelling and acting. It was a whirlwind adventure that ignited my passion for the entertainment industry and opened doors to new opportunities and experiences

Adrian R’Mante also played a pivotal role in shaping me into the confident individual I am today. He introduced me to the world of public speaking and instilled in me a newfound sense of confidence that has guided me through various endeavors in life.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

Being a Registered Nurse is my career ambition, and I’m entirely dedicated to pursuing it. Within the next five years, I want to finish my nursing program. This period covers seeking the pre-requisite and requisite academic credentials, earning relevant experience, and obtaining the necessary licenses to practice as a registered nurse. Currently I am a student at the University of Calgary and I am committed to putting in the time and energy necessary to thrive in my training and studies, making sure that I’m well-equipped and organized.

My dream job is to pursue a career where I can blend my passion for creativity, storytelling, and self-expression. I aspire to work in the entertainment industry as an actress or model, utilizing my skills to inspire and connect with others. Ultimately, my dream is to make a positive impact through my work, whether it’s on screen, behind the camera, or through artistic expression.

I am deeply passionate about using my platform to advocate for causes close to my heart, such as promoting mental health awareness, empowering women and girls, and advocating for diversity and inclusion in the entertainment industry. My dream job isn’t just about personal success; it’s about using my talents and influence to create positive change in the world and inspire others to do the same. Whether it’s through acting, modelling, photography, or any other creative outlet, my ultimate goal is to leave a meaningful impact and leave the world a better place than I found it.

Growing up, I was fortunate to be raised in a vibrant and diverse community that shaped my outlook on life. I was raised in the beautiful city of Surrey, British Columbia, a place filled with diversity and warm-hearted people. My childhood was filled with unforgettable moments of laughter, exploration, and growth. I have fond memories of playing with friends in our neighbourhood and participating in community events that celebrated our cultural traditions. My family instilled in me the values of kindness, resilience, and the importance of embracing diversity. Despite any challenges we faced, my childhood was filled with love, support, and opportunities to pursue my passions. From a young age, my parents encouraged me to explore my interests, whether it was through sports, the arts, or academics.

Overall, my upbringing in Surrey, BC was a foundation of love, community, and cultural richness that has shaped me into the person I am today. I am grateful for my parents and for the experiences and lessons learned during my childhood, as they continue to guide me on my journey today.

I’ve had the privilege of working in the modelling industry, where I’ve had the opportunity to showcase fashion and creativity on various platforms. Additionally, I’ve also spent time working at gyms, as fitness has always been a significant part of my life. Through these experiences, I’ve not only cultivated my passion for staying active and healthy but also gained valuable insights into the importance of balance, discipline, and self-care. Whether it’s striking a pose on the runway or motivating others to achieve their fitness goals, I’ve found immense fulfillment in both worlds and am grateful for the diverse experiences they’ve provided me.

Kids Play Foundation
Childrens Dream Come True Foundation
Working with the elderly

One of my most unusual talents is the ability to change my voice and sound like cartoon characters. It’s something I discovered I could do during my childhood, and I’ve honed this skill over the years. I enjoy using this talent to entertain others and bring smiles to their faces.

Having traveled extensively throughout Europe, India, and Dubai, it’s difficult to choose just one place as the most interesting because each destination offered its own unique charm and cultural richness. However, if I were to highlight one memorable experience, I would say exploring the streets of Paris was particularly enchanting. The city’s timeless elegance, iconic landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum, and just the the streets alone filled with love and joy left an indelible mark on me. It was a blend of art, history, and romance that truly captivated my heart and ignited my passion for exploring the world’s diverse cultures.

In ten years, I envision myself in a position where I can make a meaningful difference in the lives of others, particularly in empowering the younger generation to embrace their confidence and self-worth. As someone who has been inspired by individuals like Maple Batalia, I am passionate about raising awareness about violence towards women and advocating for gender equality. Whether it’s through mentorship programs, educational initiatives, or public speaking engagements, I hope to play a role in creating a safer and more inclusive society where everyone can thrive. By empowering individuals to recognize their inherent value and standing up against injustice, I believe we can make a lasting impact on future generations and create a world where everyone feels valued and respected.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 9:51 pm
Responder al tema

Amber Scarlett
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Amber-scarlett-2024-1
Height: 5’4
Hometown: Brampton, ON
Languages: English

Amber Scarlett is Canadian-born with a rich cultural background, being of Indian-Jamaican, Bajan and Grenadian ancestry. She is currently in pursuit of her real estate license through Humber College, and hopes to open a wellness hotel and spa in Canada. Alongside her aspirations in the real estate industry, Amber works as a marketing executive with top charity organizations, aiming to reduce the wait time for mental health care. She is driven by her belief that no one should have to endure long waiting periods to receive the necessary care and support for their mental health.

Amber’s creative endeavors are a significant part of her life. Her love for music greatly influences her songwriting and poetry. Additionally, she has a deep appreciation for modeling and fashion, which allows her to express herself artistically.

In her free time, Amber enjoys engaging in various activities that provide personal growth. Working out, solving puzzles, and watching psychological thrillers and “what if” videos on YouTube are some of her favorite pastimes.

Amber approaches every experience in life as an opportunity to learn and grow. She values connecting with new people and believes that there is always something to be learned from others. Her ultimate goal is to empower women by teaching them to be confident, self-driven, and ambitious. One of her inspiring self written quotes is, “love the things that make you different, for that is what makes you beautifully and authentically you,” reflects her belief in embracing one’s uniqueness and individuality.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 9:53 pm
Responder al tema

Anna Haghdoust
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Anna-haghdoust-2024-2a
Height: 5’3
Hometown: Brossard, QC
Languages: English, French, Persian
Occupation: Parliamentary staff; Student (Interior design – Dawson College)

Anna Haghdoust is a dynamic force of creativity and compassion. As a college student excelling in interior design and architecture, Anna’s sharp intellect shines through in her academic pursuits. With dreams of becoming a serial entrepreneur, she diligently works on establishing her own interior design/architecture firm, alongside a social media/marketing business. Additionally, she leverages her talents as a dedicated government employee in the esteemed office of the MP of Brossard and Saint Lambert, showcasing her dedication to public service, community engagement, and profound love for Canada.

Having grown up in a third-world country, Anna knows firsthand the challenges of dreaming big and working hard to turn those dreams into reality. From her childhood dreams inspired by watching Miss Universe competitions with her mother, Anna has evolved into a sophisticated, intelligent, and kind young woman. Guided by her values of compassion, integrity, and perseverance, Anna hopes to establish her own charities to aid children in third-world countries and animals in need. Anna also holds the esteemed title of influencer, using her platform to inspire and uplift others with her sophisticated yet relatable approach to life.

Her journey in pageantry is more than just a quest for a crown—it’s a mission to ignite positive change. With a heart dedicated to promoting body confidence and mental wellness, Anna stands as a beacon of hope and empowerment, inspiring others to embrace their uniqueness and make a difference in the world.

My interests are diverse, ranging from design and music to fitness and community engagement. What truly lights up my soul is the joy of creativity. Whether it’s expressing myself through visual arts or making memories with the ones I love, I find immense fulfillment in the act of creation.

I have undergone training in several artistic disciplines, including voice, songwriting, drawing, design, baking, and cooking.

Growing up, I immersed myself in the world of basketball and swimming. Today, I prioritize staying fit through a holistic approach that includes muscle training, cardio, and the meditative practice of yoga.

One of the most influential figures in my life has been Mr. Dimitri, my French teacher and mentor. As my first teacher in Canada, he not only taught me the language but also instilled in me the belief in my own potential. Teachers like Mr. Dimitri are true blessings, shaping not just our minds, but also our hearts and spirits.

One of my proudest moments was attending a private annual conference and garden gala with the Prime Minister. Participating in opportunities like this for young adults to engage directly with our nation’s leaders fills me with immense pride and gratitude. It is moments like these that remind me of the power of dreams and the importance of fostering inclusivity and dialogue.

Exquisitely, I believe that my deepest strength lies in the boundless compassion and empathy I hold for others. My unwavering faith in kindness is my source of power. Through heartfelt connections and acts of empathy, I am able to plant seeds of hope, inspire change, and spread love throughout the universe.

Career-wise, my ambition is to pursue advanced studies in architecture and interior design at prestigious universities like UofT, McGill, or the University of British Columbia. As I am doing my collegial studies I hope to secure a scholarship in these esteemed institutions to propel me towards my goal of becoming a distinguished architect and designer, ultimately opening my own firm and becoming a successful entrepreneur.

My dream job would be to lead my own architecture and interior design firm, where I can merge my passion for innovative design with my commitment to effecting positive change. I envision a career where I not only craft captivating spaces but also utilize my platform to champion social causes and inspire others to pursue their aspirations.

I was raised in Rasht, Iran, a city nestled by the Mediterranean Sea and known as the ‘City of Rain’. Living in close proximity to the beach instilled in me a deep love for nature, and the soothing rhythm of rain has always held a special place in my heart, evoking memories of my childhood and connecting me to my innermost self.

One of the most interesting jobs I’ve had was my first role at Dairy Queen at the age of 14. In less than a month, I took it upon myself to learn the art of designing and crafting intricate ice cream cakes, eventually becoming the primary ice cream cake maker. This role was not only an outlet for my creativity but also a lesson in the importance of customer interaction. I worked directly with customers, tailoring each cake to fit their occasion, and witnessing the joy it brought them was truly rewarding.

As individuals, we each hold unique strengths that can be harnessed to uplift our communities. I am deeply passionate about leveraging my platform as an influencer to amplify the voices of local businesses and charities. Whether shining a spotlight on small businesses or championing causes close to my heart, I firmly believe in the transformative power of community engagement and giving back.

As an unusual talent, I have a remarkable gift for connecting with animals on a deep level, sharing a special bond beyond words. Whether it’s comforting a nervous dog or befriending a stray cat, I am continually amazed by the ease with which I can establish meaningful connections with our kind hearted friends. I am a staunch advocate for animal rights and strive to be a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.

One of the most captivating places I have had the opportunity to visit is Parliament Hill on a work trip to Ottawa. The rich history, majestic architecture, and vibrant atmosphere left an indelible impression on me, offering a glimpse into the heart of our nation’s democracy

In ten years, I envision myself at the helm of successful businesses in architecture, design, social media, and marketing. Alongside my professional endeavors, I aspire to establish and stabilize my own charities, focusing on providing support for underprivileged children in third-world countries and animals in need. Additionally, I hope to have a loving family of my own, surrounded by the warmth of home and the joy of shared dreams.

Is there anything you would like to add that we haven’t asked?

If there is one thing I have learned on this journey called life, It is the importance of embracing authenticity and spreading kindness wherever we go. As a believer in the power of the magic of human connection, I am committed to using my voice and platform to inspire others to pursue their passions fearlessly and make a positive impact on the world. After all, in a universe as vast and wondrous as ours, every act of kindness has the power to create ripples of change that transcend time and space.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 9:54 pm
Responder al tema

Ashley Callingbull
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Ashley-callingbull-rabbit-2024-1
Height: 5’10
Hometown: Enoch Cree Nation, AB
Languages: English, Plains Cree

Ashley Callingbull is an actress, model, host and First Nation’s activist from the Enoch Cree Nation. She is an actress on Blackstone, Tribal, The Great Salish Heist and was a contestant on the Amazing Race Canada. Ashley is also an international motivational speaker and has been a keynote speaker at Harvard University, TED Talks and WE Day.

Ashley’s hard work and charity work was recognized as she received the Top 20 Under 30 Award in Canada and was named as one of Canada’s Top 10 Power Women. Ashley received the Youth First Nations Award from Indspire which recognizes outstanding achievement across Turtle Island. Ashley was honoured to be inducted into the Circle of Honour at the Esquao Awards which recognizes Indigenous female leaders and activists. For her community work Ashley received the Role Model Award from the United Nations on Global Dignity Day. On the 70th Anniversary of Her Late Majesty, Ashley was awarded the Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Medal for her dedication of public service to family, community and her country.

This past year Ashley was announced as the first Indigenous First Nations woman to become a Sports Illustrated Model. Ashley is currently an In Game Sports Host for the Canadian Football League, the National Lacrosse League and the National Hockey League. She also recently signed her first book deal with Harper Collins publishing and will be a published author in Fall 2024.

I love being an ambassador for charitable organizations and am passionate for travel. Nothing is more fulfilling than being able to give back to the community and step out of my comfort zone while exploring the world. It’s humbling and so rewarding to shine light into someone else’s life and create beautiful life-long experiences. In my spare time, I love lounging about with my amazing husband and playing with our highly energetic dogs!

I am trained in ballet, jazz, pointe and contemporary Jingle dress at powwows. I am also a trained actor and have been featured in numerous television series, films, voice over series and dramatic plays on stage. I also do western horseback riding.

I grew up dancing ballet, jingle and competed in Track and Field. I’m currently an In Game Sports Host for the National Hockey League (NHL) for the Edmonton Oilers and the Vancouver Canucks. I also host within the Canadian Football League for the Edmonton Elks and the National Lacrosse League for the Saskatchewan Rush.

My grandmother (Kokum) has had the most influence on my life because she saved me in so many ways. As a medicine woman (healer), my Kokum taught me everything about our culture and how it gives one the strength, to overcome any obstacle that comes our way. She taught me the importance of giving back to the community because helping others heal is also a powerful form of self-healing. Her wisdom has made me humble, thankful for life and passionate for the legacy I am leaving behind.

I am grateful to have conquered some personal accomplishments that have broken barriers and made history. In 2015, I became the first Indigenous-Canadian woman to win the title of Mrs. Universe and in 2022, the first Indigenous woman to become a Sports Illustrated model. My heart bursts with pride, because conquering these goals have allowed me to break glass ceilings and stereotypes by being the first to shine the beautiful, rich culture of Indigenous representation. However, the most important thing for me is leaving a LEGACY. Once I break those glass ceilings, I want to ensure that I push the glass aside, so that other women can confidently shine in that light. I am honoured to be the first to break these barriers, but I know that I won’t be the last. The door is now open, and I am determined to keep it that way.

I was able to compete on the Amazing Race Canada with my dad and did things, we never thought we were capable of. All we had were two backpacks and each other. During the race, I learned the importance of stepping out of your comfort zone to see what you are truly capable of. I never thought I would bungee jump off a gondola in the mountains, fly a warplane by myself or eat live bugs. This reality series helped me move past my fears, overcome extreme obstacles, and gave me a new perspective of living life to the fullest. Although we finished in 3rd place, travelling the world with my dad and making everlasting memories is something that I would never trade for anything else.

I thrive on the never-ending lessons of self-evolution. Once I set a goal for myself and accomplish it, I create new ones. I’ve learned to never set limits for myself because life is what you make of it. I have been fortunate enough to step into many different worlds on this personal career path. Being an actress is one of the most fulfilling careers I have had. One incredible highlight was walking the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival to promote my latest film. I am looking forward to attending more festivals this upcoming season and plan to continue this path of storytelling. As a model it is important for me to work with brands and organizations that align with my values and raise awareness and funding to charitable organizations. One of my goals is to have my own charitable foundation that will create more opportunities for at-risk youth. As an In Game Sports Host, Writer and soon to be Author, it is vital for me to use my voice and share our stories because representation needs to be seen. I am currently working with different sports teams and organizations to shine light on representation for women in the sports world.

I personally feel like I am already living the dream simply because I am doing what I love. I’m opening the doors for others, while using my platform to inspire so many people on a global scale. However, one dream remains, and that is to earn the title of Miss Universe Canada. I want to use this title to not only create opportunities for others, but to be the transformational leader that Miss Universe organization is looking for. I am strong, capable and I want to show everyone who has a dream and see themselves within me, that no goal is too big to conquer. Living the dream is also about sharing it with others and helping make their dreams come true as well.

Growing up, I didn’t have the typical happy childhood because I lived through intergenerational trauma. This is something that is sadly common for Indigenous peoples because of the negative, traumatic effects of Residential Schools. I unfortunately had to live through poverty and abuse. Once my mom and I escaped from that life we were able to return to the Enoch Cree Nation where my grandparents welcomed us with open arms and essentially, saved our lives. My grandparents were both a medicine man and woman, that have a sweat lodge and practice traditional ceremonies. Being immersed in my culture and traditional way of life is what kept me on the right path. Because of my grandparents’ unconditional love and strength, I learned to always keep my chin up and overcome adversity with a happy heart.

One of my most interesting jobs was being a janitor. As a summer student I took on this role at a charity organization and was honestly, just happy to being part of it. Working as a janitor taught me to never judge people by their professions because hard work is valuable, honourable and is still a career that provides. I’ve learned something from every job I’ve ever had, but this one taught me patience, humility, and the value of hard work. I carry this outlook with me in every workplace I enter.

I started volunteering when I was 14 years old after losing my baby sister Ambee to Trisomy 18. She was cared for at the Stollery Children’s Hospital in Edmonton and I witnessed first-hand the service and care the Family Network provided for our family and many others. I knew this organization was changing lives and I wanted to be a part of that positive change. I ended up volunteering for the hospital then became the Youth Representative for the Stollery Family Centered Care Network. It was truly fulfilling, knowing that I was bringing joy while helping other families and children during their challenging times. Since then, it has become a part of my life mission to give back whenever and wherever I can. I have volunteered for the Cancer Association, Lung Association, Variety Children’s Charity, SOS Children’s Villages, Discovery House, WIN House, YMCA, MADD, Fight the Violence, Soup Kitchen, White Buffalo Youth Lodge and the Enoch Elders Drop-in Center.

I can make strange cartoon voices and do impersonations. I would argue that my impression of Gollum from Lord of The Rings and Yoda from Star Wars is dead-on! This is my geeky side which I fully embrace as one of my best qualities.

I have had the privilege to travel and live abroad in many fascinating places. However, I would say that living in Romania was truly eye opening due to a huge language barrier, while being on the other side of the world away from my family. Fun fact: I lived in Transylvania which was only 45 minutes away from Dracula’s real castle. Overall, I gained a lot of life skills from experiencing different cultures and living in different parts of the world.

I hope to continue making history by being in different spaces meanwhile using my voice for positive change whether it be in acting, modelling, sports, philanthropic work, or the pageant world. I want to be the game-changing role model for our next generation and give them the motivation to unapologetically, chase their dreams. The sky is the limit, and the possibilities are endless!

It would be my absolute honour to make history once again, by becoming the first Indigenous woman to win the title of Miss Universe Canada. I want to share with the Universe, the power of Indigenous Representation and the positive ripple effect that creates. I am CONFIDENT, that I can bring Canada back to the Miss Universe stage in an impacting way.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 9:56 pm
Responder al tema

Audrey-Josephine Addo
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Audrey-addo-2024-1
Height: 5’8
Hometown: Richmond Hill, ON
Languages: English, French

Audrey-Josephine Addo was born and raised in Richmond Hill, Ontario. From a very young age, she has always had a passion for the arts and technology. Starting off with piano and visual arts at the age of seven, an interest in science, engineering and cybersecurity later developed. She currently holds a degree in IT Technology Management from Ontario Tech University.

A goal of hers is to discover ways she can change her lifestyle to increase the impact and difference she makes in the world and with people. Whether it be by having a vegan lifestyle, through donating clothes to those in need, or educating on sustainable technologies. Being a part of Miss Universe Canada will allow her to bring more awareness to these causes and bring her light to others.

I enjoy doing anything that allows me to be creative. Whether that’s creating a new art piece, a new app or a musical composition.

Piano
Visual Arts

My grandmother has had a large impact on my life due to the ways she handled hardships in her life. She was an example of strength, beauty and a women who truly walked with God.

My proudest personal accomplishment would be graduating university.

The most interesting thing that has ever happened to me was being one of a group of 30 people in Toronto selected to meet Janet Jackson when I was 12.

My career ambition is to make use of my skills from various disciplines to create new technologies for homes, commercial buildings and vehicles to improve urban infrastructure and the environment. I am continuing to learn and work in my skills each day, in addition to growing my knowledge in different disciplines.

Real Estate Developer

I was raised with two younger sisters in Richmond Hill, Ontario and had a great childhood supported by my parents.

I’ve had volunteering experiences donating children’s clothes to children in Ghana to painting a mural for my local hospital.

I’m very good at reading people.

London, England

In ten years I hope to have reached my career goals, travelling the world and raising a family.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 9:58 pm
Responder al tema

Brittany Campbell
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Brittany-campbell-2024-1
Height: 5’9
Hometown: Toronto, ON
Languages: English, Brazilian Portuguese

Dr. Brittany Campbell was born in Toronto, Ontario to parents of Brazilian, Jamaican and Chinese ancestry. She thrived academically and demonstrated leadership potential as early as ten years old by winning the Principal’s Award for Student Leadership by the Ontario Principals’ Council. She completed half of her early schooling in French and won three medals from competing in provincial ‘concours d’art oratoire,’ – French public speaking competitions. She also delighted her high school Spanish teacher by winning first place at the provincial Ontario Secondary School Spanish Contest at Glendon College.

While earning her Bachelor of Biological Sciences, Brittany spent her summers fighting diabetes by introducing new genes into cells to test the different ways our cells react to sugar. During the cholera outbreak of 2010 in Haiti, Brittany created an artificial version of the toxins responsible for the symptoms and tested ways to block them. She graduated First Class with Distinction and continued to pursue medical research until she defended her PhD at age 26, helping children born with genetic disorders that predisposed them to brain cancer in early life. She is published in major scientific journals like Cell and Nature Genetics and her thesis was enthusiastically endorsed by Harvard University.

Her research also caught international attention and she was invited to relocate to London, United Kingdom as a visiting researcher at University College London. It was here that she won a highly competitive fellowship awarded by the European Molecular Biology Organization. She has given lectures to large professional societies composed of surgeons, oncologists and geneticists. She loves to nurture local scientific talent by serving as a panelist at Scientific Day at her alma mater, mentoring the next generation of young scientists.

Brittany holds dual Brazilian – Canadian citizenship, and she participated in her first pageant – the Miss Brazil-Canada pageant – where she placed in the top five and won Miss Congeniality. Her hobbies include fashion design and music – having played piano and violin – including orchestral and choir performances at Massey Hall. While in London during the lockdown, she taught herself guitar and collaborated with two British writer/producers to release an album for which she performed vocals and wrote lyrics and melodies.

She sees the Miss Universe competition as an opportunity to share her heart for people and to bond with other smart, passionate women. Monica Belluci once said: beauty inspires poets but can also provoke curiosity and rage, it can make people aggressive. Brittany believes that as a society we can learn to cherish and protect a woman’s beauty like we do fine works of art.

Sewing
Studying fashion design
Discovering new cooking methods
Watching Formula 1 races
Singing
Learning new languages

Voice training
Piano and violin
Musical theatre
Ballet

I have played volleyball and soccer.

My little brother teaches me what is cool, he also keeps me humble.

I’ve been invited to speak in over ten cities to share research I’ve done on genetically compromised children.

I’ve been told that when I laugh, I sound like I really enjoy it.

After picking up sewing during the pandemic, I have found myself very interested in costume design and fashion in movies. I love how clothes create characters and I would love to spend time curating pieces (clothes, jewelry) that assist in telling a compelling story.

My dream job in life would be to become the person people seek out to become the most beautiful and confident version of themselves.

I was raised in the west end of Downtown Toronto and my childhood was busy and multicultural. My parents shared custody and I looked forward to seeing my dad to take me to swimming lessons on the weekends. He also used to race go-karts so I would go with him to the tracks for races. I participated in as many after-school activities as I could sign up for – drama, French classes, music, art. We had a tree outside my childhood home that favoured ladybugs and there were always hundreds of them around.

I used to feed bumblebees in an apiary. White suit and everything.

I have volunteered on a phone line as a peer counsellor for youth struggling with mental health. I have also taught young children to read as part of the Toronto Public Library programs.

I am an exceptional listener!

The Bascule Chambers – the hidden part underneath Tower Bridge in London, UK.

I hope to be creating art, celebrating beauty, and connecting fondly with others.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 10:00 pm
Responder al tema

Bryanna Trece
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Bryanna-trece-2024-1
Languages: English, French, Spanish

Bryanna Trece is a born and raised Canadian, from the city of Toronto. She is of Peruvian origin, and the eldest of eight children. She sings since the age of one and dreamt of becoming Miss Universe Canada since she was a little girl. She has always loved posing for the camera and would be entertained by modeling different outfits with heels on, since the age of two. Bryanna was the recipient of the Latin Excellence Awards in 2022.

She recently graduated from York University and holds a Bachelor of Education Degree, Bachelor of Arts Degree, and a Certificate of Bilingualism in French and English. She is currently a Grade 3 French Immersion Teacher whose main focus is to teach her students the importance of mental health, women empowerment, gender equality, and anti-bullying. She is determined to leave a positive impact on the lives of children she is blessed to cross paths with, and she daily reminds her students the significance of lifting each other up, as she knows, from past personal school experiences, the detrimental effect of bullying and the negative impact it causes on mental health.

Bryanna’s main reason of choosing to work as a teacher was to make sure that no child is bullied, unheard, or excluded. She is also drawn to work closely with children with special needs and give them the attention they deserve. Aside from loving to teach math, she finds joy in motivating her students to follow their dreams and to never give up. Her priority is to inspire her siblings, her students, and children from all over the world to become kindhearted people with good values, lots of confidence, so they can leave a positive impact in society.

Bryanna has many ambitions and passions. Her next goal is to make that insecure little Bryanna proud and bring the Miss Universe Canada crown home.

I have a passion for singing and listening to music since day one. I enjoy going on long walks, exploring different restaurants around the city, taking my siblings to Canada’s Wonderland, spending time with my loved ones, and cooking new recipes. When I’m able to, I love travelling to new destinations.

Ballet
Vocal
Swimming
Skating
Theatre
Improv
Catwalk

As a young child, my father taught me how to swim, and I also took swimming lessons, I have enjoyed recreational swimming since then, as well as, skating during the winter months. I also played tennis, and volleyball during my high school years.

If I had to choose one person other than my parents who has had the most influence on my life, it would be God.

God has been my source of love, blessings and strength growing up. He has had the power to heal, comfort, and guide me throughout my life.

God is with me in my hardest moments and I can see him and feel his existence in the people that I love and all the blessings he has blessed me with.

My proudest personal accomplishment was achieving my University Degrees. As my parents married young, at 21 and 22, and started a family soon after, they were not able to fulfill all of their academic dreams, but were always highlighting the importance of school and culminating Post-Secondary studies. I was very happy and proud to bring them home my University Teaching Degree.

When I was one and a half, I was dancing while listening to music, and my mom was videotaping me. I lost balance, fell, and hit my face with the metallic bed frame. My mom called the Paramedics and they advised her to let it heal on its own. As I grew older, the scar has gotten much smaller and less noticeable. It is in the middle of my forehead, and my dad would call it, in an effort to make me smile, stairway to success, because it is in the shape of a stair.

My career ambition is to continue spreading messages of hope, and motivate my students to believe in themselves.

As a teacher, I feel I am blessed to be able to work with children of diverse needs and backgrounds, and reinforce them that their strengths lies mostly on who they are as a person, and how they make others feel.

I would like to be a spokesperson at schools, advocating for anti-bullying and mental health.

Eventually, I would like to retake my musical journey, and record new songs.

My dream job in life would be to perform around the world and be able to help my loved ones, and the less fortunate, especially children.

I was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, along with my seven younger siblings. I feel blessed to have been brought up in a large family, by loving, caring, and supportive parents that did everything they could to give my siblings and I a happy life growing up.

My home was always my happy place and comfort zone. I loved singing and would always be entertaining my family and visitors. I also enjoyed playing teacher and teaching math. I would play barbies and make fashionable outfits for them made of toilet paper. Additionally, my mom would buy jewellery beads for me as I loved creating earrings, that I would later keep for myself, give some to my mom and sisters, and sell the rest.

My parents instilled in me love for my background, they are very musical oriented and love Peruvian cuisine, so music and food was always part of family gatherings.

This past summer, I had a very fun teaching job in the University of Toronto. I taught English to foreign high school students from Asia, Central and South America, and Europe. We also visited many tourist attractions around the city.

Singing and leading on prayer at the Parish Family Day Proclamation Prayer with Cardinal Collins
Hispanic Fiesta
St Philip Neri Church Choir singer
York University Frosh week leader
St Stephen in the Fields Breakfast Program
Festival Inti Raymi
Fuerza Latina Hispanic Heritage month Gala
Vaughan Latin Fest
Peru’s Independence Day National anthem singer on YouTube live for Bicentenario Peru 2021
Casa Cultural Peruana Inc events
CHHA 1610 AM Talentos Radio Program 13th Celebration
Youth Day Toronto Creative Arts Festival
York University Spanish Spanish Christmas Concert singer
TCDSB Teacher’s helper
Tributo a Juan Gabriel NovaVision TV/MSMU LTD
Todos Somos Peru Radiothon
I have also volunteered singing for the schools I attended, as well as various Hispanic fundraising events since the age of seven.

My most unusual talent is that I am a high soprano. I can sing Opera, Pop, and other genres. I can also sing in different languages, such as; Spanish, French, English, Italian, and Japanese.

I feel fortunate to have visited Paris, Vatican City, Geneva, and Rome recently as they have always been on my bucket list and they are beautiful, however, I would like to say that Peru is the most interesting place I have been to, as it is a country rich in culture, food, history, and landscapes. Visiting the desert oasis in Huacachina, Ica, was not only entertaining but also, breathtaking. Lima, the capital, and where my parents are from is also one of my favourites, as it is filled with beautiful flowers, gorgeous scenery, and there are a great quantity of restaurants.

In 10 years, I hope to be a beacon of hope and continue to inspire beautiful little girls and beautiful young women, and train them to be the next Miss Universe Canada. I would also enjoy being part of the Judge Panel at Miss Universe Canada.

I hope to be performing internationally and become a philanthropist to help the underprivileged.

I would also love to travel the world and discover the richness of each culture and the beauty of each country.

I would love to represent Canada in the Miss Universe stage.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 10:02 pm
Responder al tema

Carly Lee
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Carly-lee-2024-1
Hometown: Vancouver, BC
Occupation: Assistant Marketing Manager & Freelance Career Coach

Carly Lee is a Career Coach to students across the country and Assistant Marketing Manager for a global brand best known for its premium travel & lifestyle benefits. From working with innovative startups to big tech giants, she’s loved exploring the intersection of artificial intelligence and mental health services, the career advancement of women in tech, and so much more. Her curiosity for different cultures also led her to opportunities reporting into offices based in Canada, the United States and Singapore. Recently selected as 1 of 10 EF Future Nobel Laureates scholars worldwide, she felt grateful to have received an invitation to attend the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony in Stockholm, Sweden while presenting on an Equity for Women through Education project, a topic she’s passionate about.

As a new graduate thankful for all the mentors who’ve made a deep impact on her life, Carly enjoys volunteering as a judge, panelist and mentor – whether it be for a startup pitch competition or workshop for emerging leaders. Especially as the first person in her family to attend university, Carly continually strives to empower students, women and other underrepresented groups so they can better support themselves, the people they love and ultimately, everyone in the universe. Over the years, she’s co-organized initiatives including an award-winning business event, learning disabilities career conference, and startup hackathon for aspiring entrepreneurs.

Always searching for new experiences, Carly enjoys travelling and tasting a diversity of cuisines in her spare time; from cactus tacos to puffer fish – the world’s deadliest fish! Her home country Canada however, will always have a special place in her heart. Carly was born and raised in Vancouver having spent parts of her childhood in the small, peaceful city of Duncan with a population of ~5,000; the place her grandpa first settled in. Today, she resides in Toronto and is eager to visit Windsor through Miss Universe Canada, where she hopes to serve as a positive inspiration that anyone can grow their confidence and serve as an advocate for the people around them.

Thankful for all the volunteer speakers, judges and coaches who’ve made an impact on my life, I feel most fulfilled mentoring students so they too can grow their careers and better support themselves and the people around them. I love “paying it forward” while hearing their stories and growing my confidence in the process. This year, I served as a Mentor for the Marketing Accelerator Program helping students build their dream career – it’s an organization I’ve supported (and even co-led) since 2020! In my free time, I enjoy exploring different cuisines, cultures, and countries too. Whether it be tasting puffer fish – the world’s deadliest fish, or zucchini flower at one of Montreal’s best restaurants, I’m always searching for new experiences.

I grew up playing the violin since elementary school and was part of our string orchestra for eight years. Wanting to continually grow my confidence and build on my public speaking skills, I’m also grateful to have received business case competition training from a collection of coaches and judges; ultimately representing my university at a regional marketing competition in Regina, SK and national design thinking challenge in Victoria, BC as well.

I took swimming and ice skating lessons as a kid! I happen to love watching Olympic figure skating too. When I’m back in my Vancouver, you can find me ice skating at Robson Square or cycling by our gorgeous seawall over the summer.

Other than my parents, my grandma has made a huge impact on my life. While my grandpa was working away in Canada my grandma was raising four children in her home country before finally being able to move after almost 20 years without seeing one another. I certainly miss all the delicious and nutritious dinners she cooked for me as a kid too. I am truly inspired by their lifelong dedication, patience, and love for our family. As restaurant owners with nurturing, resilient personalities, they have instilled in me the values of perseverance, generosity and so much more.

My proudest accomplishment is being personally invited to coach a team of four first-year students and seeing them place as a Top 5 Finalist in a business case competition. I felt so happy seeing them smiling with their trophy in hand and first-hand seeing their growth over the weeks! It was truly a full-circle experience as this was also one of the first competitions I had ever placed in too. The once shy 16-year old me would have never guessed that I could place in a public speaking competition, let alone empower and train others or be joining Miss Universe Canada as a national delegate today.

The most unique thing that has happened to me was receiving an invitation to attend the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony in Stockholm, Sweden. As a fan of Nobel Laureate Claudia Goldin’s insights on women’s participation in the workforce, I was thrilled to see her receive the Prize in Economic Sciences.

As for an interesting thing that has happened to me, I felt lucky to have met celebrity Olivia Rodrigo (one of my favourite artists!) through a work event in Toronto recently!

I’ve always shared a passion for helping others while continuing to grow and step out of my comfort zone. Whether I manage a startup or collaborate with a team, I strive to become an empathetic leader who can make everyone feel safe and become someone they can trust; who always has their back. As I gradually gained my newfound confidence over the years, I feel honoured to have been invited to judge entrepreneurship competitions, mentor aspiring marketers and more. I feel lucky to have landed opportunities to mentor interns at my 9-5 and on the side, serve as a freelance career coach here to listen to students’ pain points, stories and dreams. I think the best ideas come when everyone feels comfortable! By becoming an open-minded leader, hopefully, we can put our brains together and work towards making a positive impact on the universe.

Inspired by my family, my “dream job” in life would be to dive into entrepreneurship! Having spent well over two years in the career coaching space and placed in a couple startup idea competitions to solve the affordable housing crisis, it would be a dream to take all the skills I’ve been learning and build a startup that empowers people so they can better support themselves, the people they love and one day, continue to pay it forward. Outside of my 9-5, I absolutely love mentoring students across the country as a freelance career coach but it would be my dream to amplify the impact I have on the universe.

I was born and raised in Vancouver, surrounded by mountains, nature, and beautiful bodies of water. We would spend all our school breaks taking a ferry to Vancouver Island and staying at our grandparents’ cozy home though. That’s where our family restaurant was located! I remember having so much fun building blanket forts and experiencing the outdoors with my cousins too. I loved exploring the best of both worlds – Vancouver’s bustling city center and Duncan’s peaceful parks.

One of the most interesting jobs I’ve had was working as a Waitress & Cashier for a Chinese-Canadian restaurant based in Duncan, BC – apparently the smallest city in Canada by area with a population of ~5,000. Growing up as a shy kid, this experience was meaningful as it was my first step to growing my confidence; from nervously taking orders on day one to enjoying the conversations with local customers over the summer. More importantly though, this restaurant was founded by my grandparents and run by my family after they immigrated to Canada. I certainly felt a huge sense of gratitude seeing the sacrifices they made and hearing the little breaks they had during the year. They instilled in me the values of hard work which I’ve continued to bring throughout my career journey.

One of my first experiences was serving as a volunteer for the Variety Children’s Charity where I often contributed to fundraising goals by selling our signature heart pins and recycling. That meant wearing rubber gloves and digging through recycling bins for juice boxes, aluminum cans and so on before hosing down our large buckets with a dose of Pinesol. Little by little, those 5-10¢ recyclables amounted to thousands of dollars. Although this definitely wasn’t a glamorous opportunity, I continued on for close to three years and honestly had a ton of fun along the way!

Since then, I’ve (1) volunteered as a competition judge, mentor & panelist for over 12 initiatives, (2) founded a chapter of Wish Youth Network Society to support children with medical conditions & empower students with volunteer opportunities and (3) co-organized a number of events including an award-winning business event, the Learning Disabilities Career Conference and Startup Hacks. Being the first person in my family to attend university and have a corporate career has also given me the purpose of helping everyone grow their confidence and career so they can better support themselves, their families and the people they love.

I often hear that I’m smiling all day 🙂

There have been so many wonderful places I’ve had the pleasure of exploring, but visiting Canada’s Niagara Falls was certainly magical! The day felt perfect with a beautiful rainbow within view and of course, my family by my side.

I hope to serve as a positive inspiration that anyone can grow out of their shells, take risks and be ambitious in achieving their dreams! When I do have kid(s) in about ten years, I hope to be able to look at them and feel proud of sharing my stories, learnings and decisions throughout life too.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 10:03 pm
Responder al tema

Daniela Pragosa
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Daniela-pragosa-2024-1
Height: 5’7
Hometown: Aurora, ON
Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish

Daniela Pragosa, a distinguished journalist and TV host from the sunny beaches of Portugal, is renowned for her captivating charisma and profound connection with audiences. Her journey began with a passion for athletics, where she excelled as an endurance runner from a young age. At the tender age of seven, Daniela faced a deeply impactful personal tragedy when she lost both grandparents to suicide. This experience ignited her lifelong dedication to suicide prevention and mental heath advocacy.

Driven by a desire to make a difference, Daniela pursued an Addictions and Community Services program at CDI College during her pregnancy with her daughter. Her academic excellence and compassionate spirit shone trough as a graduated with honours and undertook a pivotal placement at the World Change Society providing support to youth transitioning from foster care.

Currently associated with the National Academy of Sports Medicine, Daniela envisions pioneering her own fitness brand. Her innovative approach aims to integrate physical fitness as a powerful tool for enhancing mental well-being, thereby fostering positive change within communities.

Daniela Pragosa exemplifies resilience, compassion, and a relentless commitment to making a meaningful impact in the world. As a contestant in Miss Universe Canada, she continues to embody strength and grace, inspiring others with her advocacy and dedication to mental heath.

I’m passionated about fitness and enjoy exploring different workout routines and sports. Mental heath is also important to me, I practice yoga, mindfulness and meditation regularly. I love pondering big questions about existence and engaging in philosophical discussions. Spending time at the beach is a favourite activity of mine. Above all, I cherish the time I spend with my daughter. I love making people laugh, and I find joy in bringing humor into my daily interactions.

While pregnant with my daughter Valentina, I felt my biggest call for helping people helping themselves, so I decided to enroll into the Addictions and Community Service Worker Program at CDI College. I have successfully completed the Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training ( ASIST) and CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training. Additionally I hold my certifications in Standard First Aid, CPR HCP, AND AED.

I started competing at a very young age as an endurance runner, though I’m passionate about all sports and physical activities. I’m in the process of becoming a certified fitness trainer. I’m studying with the National Academy of Sports Medicine.

My daughter is the person who has changed my life for better and forever. She has matured me as a women, she makes me want to be a better human, Valentina has thought me unconditional love. I know that every single move I make will impact her so I became way more thoughtful of my actions after giving birth to my Guardian Angel.

One of my proudest accomplishments is the journey I’ve taken, living in different countries and adapting to new cultures, all while staying true to myself despite societal pressures.

As a single mother raising a daughter in a country where I wasn’t born and where I don’t have any family around. I have faced numerous challenges but my determination and resilience have seen me through.

I have the ability to read and feel what others are thinking or feeling, wish allows me to connect deeply with people. I speak 3 languages fluently and I’m processing well with French now, wish will be my fourth language. I have a genuine enthusiasm for various forms of communication, including sign language. As a social butterfly, my outgoing personality helps me build relationships and networks effortlessly.

My career ambitions are centered around becoming a motivational speaker who inspires others through the powerful intersection of God, fitness, mental heath, and the arts. Currently I’m diligently working towards my certification as a personal trainer, aiming to further my expertise. Building a robust fitness brand is a kew priority where I emphasize the vital correlation between mental well-being and physical exercise. Concurrently, leveraging my experience as a TV host, I aspire to have my very own tv show that integrates these passions seamlessly.

My dream job is to inspire and empower others through media and entertainment. I envision myself as a motivation speaker, TV or radio show host, or an actor portraying characters that embody personal growth and empowerment. By using my God-given abilities to uplift and support others, I aim to work toward a purpose that brings fulfilment beyond financial rewards.

I grew up in a quaint, like town in Portugal, nestled between Lish greenery and surrounded by beaches. My grandparents were all farmers. Life was simple and connected to nature, with three energetic brothers ensuring sports and fun were always part of the daily routine. We enjoyed wholesome, heathy food stage from the land and spent our days exploring the coastline and enjoying the sea breeze.

Well, my first jobs were all about helping out on the family farm feeding animals, fixing fences, the whole nine yards. Then I took a leap into the world of TV hosting. Quite the pivot, right? From muddy boots to stage lights, I guess you can say I’ve upgraded from talking to cows to talking to cameras!

Growing up I have dedicated myself to volunteering at a retirement home in Portugal, there I provided essential care such as feeding and assisting with toileting for elderly residents. I also volunteered during my university years. One of my significant contributions was in events management, particularly organizing ‘Cubs’ a surf and bodyboard competition in Peniche, Portugal. This event aimed to support university student while fostering a sense of community.

While I was pregnant and studying for addictions as community services work I interned/volunteered at the World Change Society to support youth who come from abusive households or have experienced the foster care system , aiming to provide them with mentorship and guidance during challenging times. Most recently, I had the privilege of volunteering as a model for the SickKids Fired Up Gala at the Four Seasons in Toronto.

I’m very good at reading people’s emotions with a natural ability to tune into any room’s atmosphere.

The most interesting place I’ve been to is Canada. It’s like having all countries inside of one. You can experience a little of all nations in one country, and that’s very captivating to me, specially coming from very small town.

In 10 years, I envision my future fitness brand making a profound impact on lives through empowering marketing campaigns focused on mental heath and overall well-being. Rather than limiting myself to a specific title, I see myself continuously learning and expanding pushing the boundaries of what I can achieve and imparting that knowledge to others at every opportunity.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 10:05 pm
Responder al tema

Dassie Persaud-van-der-Westhuizen
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Dassie-persaud-van-der-westhuizen-2024-1
Hometown: North York, ON

Dassie Persaud-van der Westhuizen is a trailblazing force in the aviation industry and a proud Canadian-born biracial individual who grew up in South Africa. With an illustrious background spanning from excelling in sports at a national level to achieving a fixed-wing Commercial Pilot’s License (CPL), Dassie is no stranger to breaking barriers in male-dominated sectors. Armed with two degrees—a BSc in Architecture and an MS in Aviation and Aerospace Sustainability specializing in Space Operations—she embodies a unique blend of intellect, resilience, and beauty.

Dassie’s professional journey is marked by remarkable achievements, including her role as an aviation journalist, aviation sustainability planner, and internationally flying flight attendant. Her commitment to gender diversity and empowerment shines through her initiative in launching Aviatrix West, a former aviation blog aimed at inspiring more women to join the industry. Notable accolades adorn her portfolio, such as co-authoring a peer-reviewed journal article, presenting research to NASA’s environmental committee, serving as a panelist at an aviation sustainability conference, and project experience in emerging topics such as sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) and airport infrastructure resilience. With her sights set on executive-level leadership roles, Dassie is poised to make a lasting impact on the global stage, advocating for positive change and inspiring others to reach new heights.

Beyond her professional pursuits, Dassie finds fulfilment in maintaining a balanced lifestyle, engaging in fitness activities such as swimming and yoga. Her passion for travel, art, literature, and cherished moments with her husband and puppy enrich her multifaceted persona. With unwavering determination and a vision for a brighter future, Dassie is primed to shine brightly in the Miss Universe Canada 2024 competition, showcasing her strengths and leaving an indelible mark on the world stage.

My interests reflect my aspiration to embody a Renaissance woman; a term used to describe a woman who possesses a diverse range of talents, skills, and interests.

I am deeply passionate about the aviation industry, viewing it as more than just a career but a lifestyle. Aviation sustainability is a particular focus, as I endeavor to make the sector more environmentally friendly and socially responsible while advocating for diversity and encouraging more women to join. Outside of my profession, I prioritize a healthy lifestyle, enjoying activities such as swimming and yoga. Traveling, art, reading, writing, baking, solving puzzles, and spending time with my husband and puppy also bring me joy and fulfillment.

While growing up, I immersed myself in various activities to become a well-rounded individual.

I devoted nearly a decade to ballet, played piano for several years, and explored art during my school years – sparking my interest in Architecture.
I engaged in swimming competitions at school, pursued track and field athletics, represented my province in squash, and played field hockey at provincial and national levels for my age. Despite dreams of competing in field hockey at the Olympics, a career-ending injury shifted my focus towards other pursuits.
I am now a fully qualified fixed-wing commercial pilot and completed associated aviation trainings such as First-Aid and CPR.
To make more of an impact in the field of sustainability, I hold an Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) credential.

From the age of 10, I showcased a natural talent for sports, excelling in track and field athletics, where I broke multiple records and often earned the title of Athlete of the Year (Victrix Ludorum). Additionally, I competed in squash at a provincial level, achieving a top 10 ranking in South Africa’s U14 category. Field hockey became a passion, and I represented provincial teams from the age of 10, was selected for the South African U18 field hockey team at the age of 16, and later selected for the U21 World Cup squad. While I also swam competitively at school, my true prowess lay on land. These achievements led me to attend a private high school on a sports scholarship and later secured me a sports scholarship to my university.

One person who has profoundly influenced my life is Nelson Mandela. His tireless efforts to end apartheid in South Africa (where I grew up) paved the way for equality and acceptance, allowing biracial individuals, such as me, to live without the shackles of racial discrimination and other forms of inequality prevalent in the country at the time of my birth.

Did you know that less than 6% of airline pilots globally are women? Some sources estimate it to be as low as 4%. My proudest personal accomplishment is being selected to be an airline pilot and completing my Airbus A320 skills test – proof that women can excel in the male-dominated aviation industry. Although my offer of employment was withdrawn due to the aviation industry standstill brought about by COVID and I pivoted into aviation sustainability since the pandemic, the experience continues to empower me, showcasing my resilience and determination.

The most interesting and unique thing about me is that I decided to specialize in space operations during my master’s degree in aviation and aerospace sustainability. I chose this challenging path to delve into the fascinating realm of outer space and the emerging commercial space sector. My research topics, including orbital debris, lunar ice utilization for rocket fuel, and additive manufacturing for Martian infrastructure, exemplify my passion for turning what sounds like science fiction into reality. It’s an exciting field where innovation knows no bounds, and I’d be thrilled to also be a part of shaping the future of space exploration outside of the academic world.

My career ambition is to drive sustainability within the aviation industry, aligning with global goals to cap the temperature rise below 1.5 degrees Celsius. I have worked on airport sustainability projects, been a panelist at an industry conference, and published a peer-reviewed journal article. To further my impact, I aim to transition into an executive level role at a reputable company (such as the company where I am currently employed). Pursuing an MBA and potentially a PhD are also on my agenda to enhance my expertise and leadership in this field.

I love my current job and career path. However, my ‚Äòdream job’ would be working in the space sector, focusing on aerospace sustainability, particularly addressing the challenge of orbital debris. Tackling this issue is crucial for humankind as it ensures the safety and sustainability of space activities. Orbital debris poses significant risks to active satellites, spacecraft, and crewed missions, threatening to cause collisions and generate more debris in a dangerous chain reaction known as the Kessler syndrome. By developing solutions to recycle or mitigate orbital debris, we safeguard valuable space assets, preserve the space environment for future generations, and enable continued exploration and utilization of outer space resources.

I was born in North York, Canada, but spent my childhood in South Africa. Growing up, I was encouraged to explore any interest without labels or limitations. For example, excelling in sports didn’t mean I couldn’t also excel academically. As a biracial individual with mixed nationality parents (Canadian and South African) in an interracial marriage, I learned about equality and human rights from a young age, especially since both of my parents are human rights advocates. Essentially, I had a stable environment where hard work was valued, and my diverse ideas were supported.

One interesting job I’ve had was starting my own aviation blog called Aviatrix West. Named after my last name (van der Westhuizen), the blog aimed to share my industry experiences, empower fellow female aviators, and inspire more women to join the male-dominated field. Initially a passion project, it gained popularity and I successfully monetized it for a period, turning my love for writing into a rewarding endeavor. It also gave me the confidence I needed to approach a magazine with a story and I landed up publishing a monthly column in Africa’s most popular aviation magazine, as well as a handful of articles for an online Canadian aviation magazine.

I was deeply involved in my university’s student run charity organization during my student years in South Africa by serving on the executive committee and being selected as the face of the organization by winning the pageant title ‚ÄòTuksRag Queen’. Similar to the Miss Universe Canada competition, applicants were judged on the volunteering initiatives. Some of my accomplishments include securing three full scholarships for students and organizing fundraising events.

My most unusual talent lies in my versatility and ability to excel across various domains. From competing in sports at a national level and training in ballet for nearly a decade to earning a master’s degree, publishing articles as a journalist, speaking at industry events, and flying aircraft, I possess a diverse range of skills seldom found in a single individual.

The most interesting place I’ve been to is Japan. As a former internationally flying flight attendant, I’ve had the privilege of visiting many destinations, but Japan left a lasting impression. The phenomenal food, polite citizens, and remarkable efficiency across the country captivated me. Although my visit was brief, I dream of returning to explore further, especially during cherry blossom season.

In ten years, I envision myself at the forefront of driving sustainability within the aviation industry. Building upon my current achievements, I aim to transition into at least a director level role at a renowned company (such as my current company).

Yes, I would like to add that I fully support the elimination of multiple entry requirements to the Miss Universe competition. As a married 31-year-old woman, I believe that a woman’s value is not tied to her age or marital status. If these barriers were still in place, women such as myself would have been barred from entering.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 10:07 pm
Responder al tema

Elise Rose Cushnie
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Elise-cushnie-2024-1

Elise Rose, a humble Canadian luminary, embodies the gentle strength of faith and compassion. Her journey is a testament to grace, inspiring hope and transformation in those she touches.

With a heart devoted to serving God and uplifting others, Elise’s presence radiates joy and empowers a deeper connection to faith and empowerment. Her captivating energy and feminine charm illuminate paths of love and kindness.

Beyond personal endeavors, Elise actively engages in community initiatives, spreading love and compassion. Her dedication to making a positive impact leaves an indelible mark of inspiration and hope on every heart she encounters.

I find joy in serving God, following the lead of the Holy Spirit, and sharing divine truths.

I have a delightful background in childhood acting and played the clarinet during my grade school years, adding a touch of artistic flair to my journey.

I excelled in varsity cross country during college, and my high school days were filled with the exhilaration of cross country and track and field. Now, I indulge in the graceful flow of Pilates, embodying its captivating, feminine essence with every move

Esther from the Bible has had a tremendous impact on my life. Her bravery in standing up for her people, her unwavering faith, and her willingness to risk everything for what she believed in are qualities that deeply resonate with me. She embodies feminine strength and resilience, making her story captivating and inspiring.

My proudest personal accomplishment is giving my life to Christ. This decision has filled my journey with love, compassion, and a deep connection with God. Embracing faith has been a transformative experience, shaping me into a more compassionate and resilient woman.

The most interesting thing about me is my journey of self-discovery and growth through embracing my femininity and inner strength. I find joy in the simple moments of life, cherishing connections with others and nurturing a compassionate heart. It’s these everyday experiences that shape me into a relatable, easy-going woman who values kindness and authenticity above all else.

My career ambition is to inspire and uplift others through my creative endeavors, guided by the grace of God. To accomplish this goal, I am focused on honing my skills, nurturing meaningful connections, and embracing opportunities for growth. By staying true to my passions and maintaining a positive, feminine approach, I aim to make a lasting impact in my chosen field, all while glorifying God through my work.

My dream job in life would be one that allows me to blend my passions and talents seamlessly. I envision a role where I can express my creativity, make a positive impact, and continuously learn and grow. It’s about finding that perfect balance of fulfillment, joy, and purpose, creating a career that feels more like a delightful journey than just a job.

I was fortunate to grow up in the vibrant city of Toronto, surrounded by diverse cultures and endless opportunities for exploration. My childhood was filled with moments of wonder and excitement, from exploring neighborhood parks to attending cultural festivals. The city’s dynamic energy and welcoming spirit nurtured my curiosity and shaped me into the kind and captivating woman I am today.

I once worked as a professional taste tester for a chocolate factory, where my job was to sample and rate the delicious creations. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it! Another interesting job was being a professional pet cuddler, where I got paid to snuggle with furry friends all day. These unique experiences brought laughter and joy to my life, adding a touch of whimsy to my career journey.

I have had the pleasure of volunteering at several meaningful organizations, including nursing homes, political parties, and the African Canadian Heritage Association. Each experience has been incredibly rewarding, allowing me to contribute to causes I care deeply about and connect with my community in a meaningful way.

My most unusual talent is being able to recite the alphabet backward in under five seconds! It’s a party trick that always gets a laugh and leaves people wondering how on earth I managed to master such an odd skill.

One of the most captivating places I’ve had the pleasure of visiting is Paris. The city’s timeless beauty, rich history, and artistic allure made every moment enchanting. From strolling along the Seine River to savoring delectable pastries in charming cafes, Paris exudes a sense of elegance and adventure that is truly captivating for the soul.

In ten years, I aspire to be living a life filled with purpose, joy, and meaningful connections. I envision myself thriving in my career, making a positive impact in my community, and growing spiritually. Serving God faithfully will continue to be the cornerstone of my journey, guiding me to lead a fulfilling and purpose-driven life.

I believe it’s essential for women to come together, love one another, and empower each other in today’s world. With technology often fueling insecurities and unrealistic societal measures, it’s more important than ever to create a supportive community. By lifting each other up and celebrating our diversity, we can combat these challenges and empower every woman to feel valued, confident, and capable of achieving her dreams

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 10:15 pm
Responder al tema

Erum Naseeb
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Erum-naseeb-2024-1
Hometown: Edmonton, AB
Languages: English, Pashto, Bhirvi, Urdu

Erum Naseeb was born and raised in Pakistan. she moved to Canada with her family and now lives as a Canadain citizen in Edmonton Alberta. Erum has a very enthusiastic and friendly personality. She is a Pharmacy undergraduate and would like to pursue completing in future. Organic chemistry is her favourite subject and chemical composition of various drugs.

At young age Erum fell in love with dancing, making and creating deigns on clothing. Erum has been a board member at Elve special needs school. She advocates for children and families with Autism. As a single mom she had to go through a lot to raise her child with autism on her own. Because of her passionate and goal oriented mindset she never gave up no matter how big the challenges were.

Today Erum helps and advocates for Mental wellness, Autism and quality lifestyle. She has always desired to have a great impact on live and do more. Inspiring others to never stop but keep going to greater lengths and achieve there dreams.

I love dancing and enjoy playing tennis, badminton. I love creating designs bead work on my dresses.

I have taken Ballroom dancing, Lindyhop, Salsa and Bachata lessons.

Badminton

Princess Diana has the most influence on my life among few other people. Growing up and learning about how strong and elegant she was, it give me courage to be myself more and look forward to more possibilities in life and take the charge.

Being a single mom of a special needs child is very personal and proudest accomplishment. It sure was not easy at all and a very long journey, but today when I look at my kid who tells me that mom you did a great job taking care of me! I am proud to say I never gave up.

Moving to Canada was the most interesting and unique thing happened to me. I am very thankful to my parents. Having a free will and freedom of choice has shaped my personality into this person that I am today.

I wanted to be a model from very young age and today it is my career. I am very ambitious about self improvement and personal growth. As a single mom I went through a lot and lived in multiple shelters. One day I want to open a shelter that would help anyone in need and improve there life quality. I live and thrive on helping others everyday!

I have more of a business oriented mindset than just a dream job. Creating jobs for others and helping them achieve more in life is one of my biggest goals in life.

I was born and raised in Pakistan by amazing parents. I lived in a very big house full of 7 other families. I grew up with my cousin there was never a dull moment some of my best childhood memories. I went to St. Joseph convent Catholic school that was the golden period of my life.

During covid I started working at a Tire warehouse, that was the most interesting job I have ever had. I never knew I was so strong lifting those tires and it made me happy. The other interesting job I had was working in the Airline industry, helping passengers with developmental disabilities. They would share with me very interesting things about themselves which amazed me and I loved helping them.

I have volunteered in Elves special needs school as a board member. Helped families that I met in shelters and assisted other woman with court, lawyer, food and financial support stuff.

Making Announcements

Montreal is best city I have been to in Canada.

In 10 years I hope to see myself achieving all my goals. Operating multiple shelters, creating a safe space for people to explore there talents or helping them achieve there goals. Advocating for mental health and actually making a difference in near future everyday.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 10:17 pm
Responder al tema

Fawnda Bullshields
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Fawnda-bullsheilds-2024-1
Height: 5’9
Hometown: Vancouver, BC

Oki (Hello in Blackfoot) Fawnda Bullshields was born in Lethbridge Alberta, raised in Vancouver, and is now a proud First Nation Canadian Citizen living in North Vancouver. She graduated from the University of British Columbia in Vancouver with a degree in arts and majored in First Nations and Indigenous studies. Currently she is working as a family circle facilitator in North Vancouver and her role allows her to empower families to make their own decisions. Developing a non-profit business to give voice to the Black Indigenous People of Colour (BIPOC) community to walking the runway at Vancouver Indigenous fashion week and currently traveling to Australia to walked in the fashion show called ancestral bloodlines.

Her role to stand in the gap of the oppressed to embodying fashion on the runway are some of her natural attributes. From volunteering for at risk youth in the inner city to traveling the world on the pow wow trail, and being featured in Snotty Nose Rez kids music video. She’s able to create safe spaces while being stylish and approaching people with kindness and care. Never forgetting to get her water in each day in order to hydrate for another weight lifting session, climb a mountain, or capture a moment through photography. Inner beauty is what matters most and she displays this effortlessly through her job, BIPOC, and her volunteer work.

I enjoy pow wow dancing and teaching others about the culture.

Pow wow dancing
Art
Photography

Track & field
Cross country
Basketball

My pastor because he truly cares for others and prayers for me.

Modelling for Vancouver Indigenous fashion week.

I have my own non-profit business called BIPOC that uplifts Black, Indigenous and People of Colour.

I want to start my own training business. I have started the curriculum, registered the name, made the poster and have companies interested in hiring once the curriculum is completed.

To have my own business that powers those who with little or no power to rise above.

I was raised on the reserve and came from a huge family that was very close. Then my immediate family moved to Vancouver so that my mom could complete her degree and to have greater opportunities. My mom became a single mother to 3 children when my dad passed away, I was 13 years old and the oldest of 2 brothers. That was a hard time in my life but I manage to focus on school and became the top athlete of the year and made the honour roll. I was able to overcome despite going through something I did not think I could survive.

I worked as barista at Starbucks and in a mens clothing store while completing my undergrad.

Volunteer at pow wow night, youth group on Friday nights for at risk youth, Sunday school at church and building a house in Mexico.

Aspire hoop dancer/pow wow dancing.

I have been to Mexico through youth with a mission (YWAM) and volunteered to build a house for a family. It was the most rewarding experience to serve and build community.

I want to have my own business and give back by supporting Indigenous businesses.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrdSáb Jul 06, 2024 10:19 pm
Responder al tema

Honey Anvarova
 candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 Honey-anvarova-2024-1
Height: 5’4
Languages: English, Russian

Honey Asal Anvarova, a Canadian residing in Toronto, is a Product Designer and a passionate advocate for the arts and singing. Born to a mixed Russian-Persian heritage, she endured a challenging childhood, running away at 17 only to escape again with her brother and loyal dog. Honey found solace and healing through opera singing. She hopes to inspire others who face adversity, showing them that regardless of their past or circumstances, they too can overcome and achieve their dreams.

I love to sing Opera and draw (realism & comic art).

I sang Opera professionally, taught to belly dance and I used to draw comic book art & realism.

I’ve done a 5k marathon previously, and I love a mix of dance and sport (Zumba, Belly-dancing etc.).

My brother was an amazing role model, who taught me strength, courage, and supported me wholeheartedly through anything I’ve wanted to do.

I was able to secure my job as a Software Designer, being completely self taught with no formal education.

I graduated as a Police cadet (Y.I.P.I) and I got to shake hands with John Tory.

I sew and want to be a Fashion designer, I want to launch my clothing line that fits all sizes. I want to use social media to post tutorials on how to diy the dresses you see Hollywood celebrities wear for under $100. Fashion should be accessible to everyone! I want to share all the secrets.

I want to be a Fashion designer, I believe couture and glamour should be accessible to all women. I would love to dress women of all shapes and sizes.

I was mainly raised in Canada and had a tough childhood. Luckily I was able to overcome many of childhood traumas and succeed in spite of them.

I worked a couple of minimum-wage jobs when I was younger. One place I worked at was Subway! And I loved baking cookies, one time I got burned from trying to save a tray of cookies from falling off the rack.

I’ve done volunteering as part of being a Police Cadet, centring around people who were homeless, and endangered youths, as well as local outreach to kids in the neighbourhood. I’ve delivered food to the homeless, aid kits, and facilitated games for youths.

Definitely my voice, my opera singing is pretty unexpected.

I flew to Cartagena Columbia. Columbia was gorgeous, and Cartagena was a beach city that had amazing food, and beautiful views, and the people were very happy and friendly!

I would love to continue my volunteering and philanthropy. I recently attended a Sick Kids Charity Gala for burn victims, and I hope to continue to donate and volunteer where I can.

Contenido patrocinado

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.	 GejDcrd
Responder al tema

candidatas a miss universe canada 2024. final: 27 july.
Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 1 de 9.Ir a la página : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Siguiente